Welcome to Mid and North Essex Mind
We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news
- Connecting for mental wellbeing - Evidence suggests there are five steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing. If you give them a ... Read more
- In memory of Charlie Watkins - The suicide of a young local man, Charlie Watkins, has recently hit the national headlines following the airing of his ... Read more
- Mental Health Awareness Week, May 2017 - Monday 8th to Sunday 14th May: Mental Health Awareness Week May sees the return of the annual Mental Health Awareness ... Read more
- Brightlingsea Winter Festival raises vital funds for Mid and North Essex Mind - A Winter Festival in Brightlingsea has raised over £3,000 for Mid and North Essex Mind. WinterFest, aimed at providing solidarity ... Read more
- Putting those running legs to good use - Sunday 12th March saw an early start for thousands of runners taking part in the Griffin Chapman Colchester Half Marathon starting ... Read more
- Perrywood Garden Centre partners with Mid and North Essex Mind - Perrywood Garden Centre & Nurseries in Tiptree is supporting Mid and North Essex Mind as one of their charity partners ... Read more
- We need you! - At Mid and North Essex Mind, we're only a small fundraising team working hard to support those who are raising money ... Read more
- Fabulous funding for iPads! - We're delighted to tell everyone we've managed to secure two pieces of grant funding to pay for iPads for therapeutic ... Read more
- It’s important for everyone to talk - This week Holly Smart, Marketing and Fundraising Manager from Mid and North Essex Mind, talks about the shocking statistics in ... Read more
- Walking through the shorter days - Where have the dark mornings come from all of a sudden? Gone are the days of me jumping out of ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news.