This training is a one day workshop delivered either in your place of work or at the head office of Mid and North Essex Mind in Colchester. Minimum of 10 people will be needed to book this training.
Who is it for?
If you or people where you work have a responsibility to protect the health, wellbeing and human rights of those around you then having up to date safeguarding training is very important.
It is particularly relevant to organisations who deal with young people and vulnerable adults like schools, care homes, charitable organisations, youth clubs, sports clubs, nurseries and voluntary groups.
What does it include?
People taking part will cover the following areas:
- The definition of safeguarding
- How personal values and attitudes can impact on our decisions
- The different types of abuse
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- What information should be provided in a safeguarding assessment
- How to provide effective support and advice to a person making a disclosure
- Where to turn to for support or referrals
- How to effectively risk assess any immediate risk to a young person or vulnerable adult to ensure their safety
It has been designed to work for different learning styles and has a selection of activities to keep everyone taking part engaged throughout.
If you attend this training at our head office, refreshments and lunch will be included.
Who teaches it?
It is delivered by highly skilled staff from Mid and North Essex Mind who have personal experience of safeguarding in practice.
What do I get at the end?
You will receive a certificate of participation for any CPD record you may have.
How much does it cost?
Please contact us for a quote based on your requirements.
How do I book or find out more?
Email email@example.com or call us Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, on 01206 764600.