Mid and North East Essex Mind are taking all the appropriate recommended precautions provided by the NHS and the UK government. Nationally Mind have produced some advice on keeping well during the outbreak and periods of social distancing and isolation. This can be found here.
Visiting our premises
Please call ahead on 01206 764600 before visiting us.
Please do not visit if you are:
- showing any symptoms* or
- have been asked to self-isolate or
- have had the virus or
- been in contact with anyone who has in the last three weeks,
The visit must not take place and you must inform Mid & North East Essex Mind immediately
*current guidance on symptoms can be found here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
When attending our premises:
- A 2m distance should be kept from others.
- Internal doors/windows may be open to minimise contact with door handles and to increase air circulation.
- Be aware of busy areas across the building where people travel to, from or through, for example, stairs and corridors, and minimising movement within these areas.
- Observe one way systems where indicated
- Bring your own food and drink to the buildings and take breaks outside where possible.
- Limit the number of people within a confined space to maintain social distancing.
- Wash your hands/use hand sanitiser more often than usual for 20 seconds using soap and water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose.
- Reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue and throw the tissue in a bin immediately, then wash your hands.
- Wear a face covering when entering one of our properties.
- Wait outside (where practical) whilst waiting to be let in to restrict your contact with others.
- Where possible we would suggest you meet outside and at a distance of at least 2 metres if possible/practicable.
Telephone appointments are also available within and Private Counselling service, we are still taking referrals, please call 01206 764600 to refer yourself or someone you know.
The Clacton Crisis Cafe is open for telephone consultations and is also offering support to people in the Colchester and Braintree areas.
None of our Welcome Cafe’s, activity groups or the Friendship group will run until further notice.
Our telephone lines will remain open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm on 01206 764600 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have resumed recruitment for paid opportunities within Mid and North East Essex Mind however the recruitment to voluntary positions remains suspended. For details of the current roles we are currently recruiting to please visit our Paid Jobs page.
Fundraising and events
Up to date information about our events and those held on our behalf can be found on the What’s On page. As the demand for our services continues we would be grateful for any donation you would be able to make at this time.
We will keep this page updated with any changes as the situation progresses.
Thank you for your understanding.