Make a difference in people’s lives as an Employment Advisor
Are you looking for a rewarding and fulfilling career that makes a positive impact on people’s mental health and well-being? Do you have a passion for helping people find and sustain employment that suits their needs and aspirations? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for Employment Advisors to join our new team to deliver personalised employment support across North East Essex.
This role is part of a new employment advice service that will work closely with Therapy for You clinicians who are providing psychological therapies to people with common mental health problems.
As an Employment Advisor you will;
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the individuals accessing the service on a 1:1 basis, developing their employability skills and providing advice and guidance to meet their individual needs.
- Assess the needs, skills, and aspirations, and help individuals identify and overcome any barriers or challenges that may prevent them from finding work.
- Develop and review action plans and SMART goals with them, and monitor their progress and achievements.
- Work with Jobcentre Plus, employers, trade unions and employment agencies to keep people in employment and secure employment opportunities.
You will be educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject and have an awareness and/or experience of working with people who have experienced mental health issues.
We are a real living wage employer and offer our staff a range of health, wellbeing, lifestyle and financial benefits to ensure that we fully support our employees. This includes:
- 36 days holiday including 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time); Flexible/Agile working
- Competitive pension; company sick pay based on length of service and a charity worker discount scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme; Annual wellbeing day and an extended lunch break each week
- Expert supervision and peer support
- Recruitment referrals
- Training and development
- Onsite parking at most locations
The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday – 9am – 5pm
£22,063 per annum
Fixed term contract until 31.03.2025
Colchester / Clacton – Working throughout the North East Essex area