North East Essex Crisis Café
The North East Essex Crisis Café provides a safe, welcoming space where people experiencing emotional distress or mental health crisis can receive support outside of normal working hours. This is a community-based alternative to crisis mental health services.
The North East Essex Crisis Café is open 7 days a week (excluding bank holidays) from 5pm to 10pm and you can self-refer by calling us.
Who is it for?
- Anyone living in Colchester or Tendring
- Anyone experiencing emotional distress
- Anyone experiencing a mental health crisis
- People who need support outside of normal working hours
How to refer
- Call us on 0300 330 9492
- Contact your GP
- You may be referred by emergency services or NHS 111 (option 2)
If your life is at risk now
We cannot support you if you are in an emergency situation. Please call 999.
How can it help?
- Wellbeing support
- Talk through issues
- Identify triggers
- Support to stop a crisis happening again
- Build support networks and taking positive steps
- Help you find health and happiness