I’m a child or young person
We know that life can be really tough sometimes for a child or young person. Sometimes you can sort out a problem on your own but if you have a worry you can’t cope with, don’t bottle it up. It can really help if you talk to someone in your family, a carer, one of your friends, or maybe a teacher.
If you feel like you are not coping and need urgent support, or like you may want to harm yourself or are having suicidal thoughts there are lots of things you can do to keep yourself safe:
- Tell someone you trust how you are feeling so they can support you to get the right help
- Call your doctor
- Visit A&E if you feel like you might seriously harm yourself
- If you want to talk to someone anonymously you can call ChildLine on 0800 1111 (this is for any young person up to age 19)
- Call one of the crisis lines:
- If it’s Monday to Friday and between 9am and 5pm, call 0300 3001600
- If it’s the weekend or out of these hours call 0300 555 1201
National Mind have a fantastic online resource page which you can access here.