I’m a child or young person

We know that life can be really tough sometimes and we’re here to help you no matter what’s on your mind. Sometimes you can sort out a problem on your own but if you have a worry you can’t cope with, don’t bottle it up. It can really help if you talk to someone in your family, a carer, one of your friends, maybe a teacher, or you can talk to us.

We help with things like worries about bullying, low mood, negative emotions, family problems, relationships, anxiety and anger.

Some of what we offer depends on which school you are in, if you go to any of the below schools in Maldon then you can ask them for help

All Saints C of E
Gt Totham Primary
Heybridge Primary
Maldon Primary
St Francis Catholic School
St Nicholas C of E Primary
The Plume Acadamy
Wentworth Primary
Woodham Walter Primary

Unfortunately, we are unable to take referrals from any other schools at present.

You can email us on enquiries@mnessexmind.org or call between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, on 01206 764600 to find out more.

If you feel like you are not coping and need to speak to someone straight away, or like you may want to harm yourself or are having suicidal thoughts there are lots of things you can do to keep yourself safe:

  • Tell someone you trust how you are feeling so they can support you to get the right help
  • Call your doctor
  • Visit A&E if you feel like you might seriously harm yourself
  • If you want to talk to someone anonymously you can call ChildLine on 0800 1111 (this is for any young person up to age 19)
  • Call one of the crisis lines:
  • If it’s Monday to Friday and between 9am and 5pm, call 0300 3001600
  • If it’s the weekend or out of these hours call 0300 555 1201