Here at Mid and North East Essex Mind we understand the continued impact the Coronavirus pandemic is having on our community and its effects on our mental wellbeing.
Mid and North East Essex Mind are taking all the appropriate recommended precautions provided by the NHS and the UK government. Nationally Mind have produced some advice on keeping well during the outbreak and periods of social distancing and isolation. This can be found here.
How we are staying COVID-19 secure
We would also like to let you know about what we are doing at Mid and North East Essex Mind to keep our service-users and colleagues safe during this time.
Mid and North East Essex Mind are taking all the appropriate recommended precautions provided by the NHS and the UK government.
Visiting our premises
Please call ahead on 01206 764600 before visiting us.
Please do not visit if you are:
- showing any symptoms* or
- have been asked to self-isolate
- or have tested positive
- or live with someone who has tested positive and is self-isolating
The visit must not take place and you must inform Mid and North East Essex Mind immediately.
*current guidance on symptoms can be found here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
When attending our premises
- Please respect social distancing with others.
- Doors/windows may be open to minimise contact with door handles and to increase air circulation.
- Be aware of busy areas across the building where people travel to, from or through.
- Limit the number of people within a confined space to maintain social distancing.
- Wash your hands/use hand sanitiser more often than usual for 20 seconds using soap and water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose.
- Reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue and throw the tissue in a bin immediately, then wash your hands.
- Wear a face covering when entering one of our properties and in any face to face sessions unless you have a medical exemption (you may be required to provide evidence of any exemption).
- Wait outside (where practical) whilst waiting to be let in to restrict your contact with others.
We can only offer very limited face-to-face counselling sessions (in person) at our premises and so continue to predominantly offer web/internet appointments as well as telephone appointments.
Due to Covid-19 we can still only offer very limited face-to-face counselling sessions (in person) at our premises and so continue to still predominantly offer web/internet (face-to-face) appointments as well as telephone appointments.
If you have a face-to-face appointment (in person) with one of our counsellor’s please be aware of that:
Facemasks have to be worn during the entire session and that only if there is a medical need not to wear one – this can be exceptionally granted – if prove can be provided.
Session timeframes for counselling in person are restricted to a maximum of 45 minutes.
You can only attend a -in person face to face – session if you are fully vaccinated (twice) or if you had the virus and have recovered from this, again in both cases you will need to provide prove of this (e.g. NHS app).
Appointments are also available within our Fee-paying Counselling service and we are still taking referrals, please click on the link to download the referral form and send back to us either via email or post.
The Clacton Crisis Cafe is open for telephone consultations and is also offering support to people in the Colchester and Braintree areas. We can facilitate face to face sessions if required.
Our Friendship Group and all Futures In Mind activity groups are now open – please contact your service coordinator to find out more.
Our telephone lines will remain open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm on 01206 764600 or you can email email@example.com
Fundraising and events
Up to date information about our events and those held on our behalf can be found on the What’s On page. As the demand for our services continues we would be grateful for any donation you would be able to make at this time or if you’d like to organise a fundraiser, you can find out more information here – thank you!