This July, we are challenging you to do at least one thing each day to get you on your way to better mental wellbeing.
The ‘6 Ways to Wellbeing’ is a simple but effective set of actions to follow to help you improve your everyday wellbeing. Evidence suggests that even just a small improvement in wellbeing can help to decrease some mental health problems and have a positive impact on how you feel.
The 6 ‘ways’ are:
- connect 👭
- be active 🏃♂️
- take notice 👀
- keep learning 📚
- give 🎁
- care for the planet 🌍
Throughout this month on social media, we will give you some tips, ideas and advice on how to reach this goal as well as our own staff member and volunteer insights into what they are doing to help them reach their 6 ways to wellbeing. Follow us @mnessexmind on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to hear the latest!
If you just do one thing each day from the ‘6 ways’ list, this can go a long way to helping you achieve a sense of contentment and even start to feel more positive. Take a look here to read more about the 6 ways and the wheel of wellbeing: https://www.wheelofwellbeing.org
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Call a friend you haven’t seen in a while
- Go for a walk in your local park
- Take a different route to and from work and take notice of the new scenery
- Research a subject that interests you
- Give a compliment to a colleague or family member
- Challenge yourself to not use any throwaway plastic such as cups and straws…
Connect with us and let us know what you do to achieve your 6 ways to wellbeing this month and help inspire others to do the same!