Virtual Fundraising Ideas during COVID-19
As we start to feel the impact of Coronavirus on our mental health, demand for our vital support and services in the local area will inevitably grow.
We rely on local support and donations in order to keep our services running; however, many of our fundraising events have understandably been cancelled. We need your support now more than ever. If you are able to support us and make a donation during this time, we would be so grateful.
Alternatively, if your fundraising plans have been postponed or cancelled, we’ve thought of some ideas for virtual fundraising that you can do from the safety of your own home instead!
- Get active – set yourself a challenge to run a virtual marathon or do 10,000 steps a day. Run, walk or jog to hit your target and ask your friends and family to sponsor you via a Just Giving page. Why not set yourself the goal to do 1 mile for 26 consecutive days?
- Download our Running Bingo Card or Get Active Bingo Cards and challenge yourself or your children to complete the card – get sponsored for each square completed!
- Lead an online exercise class, such as Yoga or Aerobics, and live steam it via Instagram or Facebook – invite your friends and ask them to make a small donation to our charity.
- Set up a virtual craft club, book club or art group and ask for a small donation to join.
- Start up a weekly virtual quiz on Facebook – invite friends and family to join and share. Every week can be a different theme!
- Donate any savings you have made from spending less on your morning coffee or travel – simple but effective!
Get in touch with our fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you have planned – we can help promote your events on our social media pages.
You can also download some resources here to get started.
Thank you for your support during this time, any donations to our charity will go directly to supporting those in the local area who are experiencing mental health difficulties.