Trainee Education Mental Health Practitioner
4 x 37.5 hour posts, 2 years fixed term contract
NHS band 4 – £21,089
Base: Tendring venue, with travel expected to University of East Anglia, Norwich
We’re Mid and North East Essex Mind, the mental health charity. We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We are currently looking for Trainee Education Mental Health Practitioners to join our dedicated, passionate and friendly workforce.
As a Trainee Education Mental Health Practitioner you will be expected to work under supervision as part of a dynamic mental health team in a creative environment where evidence-based interventions, new ideas, ways of working and supporting children and young people are actively encouraged. This approach requires flexibility and adaptability, and above all a passion for working with children and young people in educational settings. Over the course of the training year, the post-holder will, under supervision, develop knowledge and practice skills to employ a range of evidence based interventions for common mental health problems via direct individual and group support for children, young people and their parents, in line with the university expectations.
The Trainee Education Mental Health Practitioner role will:
- Work closely alongside a team of mental health professionals delivering a wide range of evidence informed interventions, under supervision.
- Develop and practice evidence-based skills under supervision to work directly with children, young people and families.
- Develop and practice evidence-based skills under supervision to carry out holistic and child-centered mental health assessments, including risk assessments.
The Trainee Education Mental Health Practitioner is required to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work at degree level or have an equivalent level of relevant experience, with a proven record of previous learning or formal study in child development, wellbeing or mental health
- Experience of working with children and young people, their families and others.
- Experience of working and liaising with a wide variety of agencies and stakeholders
- Experience of working with children and young people who have social, emotional and/or mental health difficulties
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Audrey Haggis on 01206 764600.
Any question regarding application please contact the HR Department on 01206 764600.
Please note: The EMHP posts are training positions subject to 2 year fixed term contracts, successful candidates will be expected to travel to University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TJ in the first year to complete their training but the position will be based at a Tendring venue. At set times throughout the year there will be teaching blocks where trainees will be expected to attend for 4 days per week with 1 study / remote learning day (subject to change). At other times, trainees will attend one to three teaching days per week with the remainder of the week being used for placement and study days. Teaching will take place both during school / college term and school / college holidays, but there will be some non-teaching weeks spread throughout the year also.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early in light of a large response.
Only successful applicants will be contacted by Mid and North East Essex Mind.
Closing date: 25th October 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 4th November & 11th November 2019
Community Fundraiser – Mid Essex
Part time, 22.5 hours per week permanent position
Band 4 £18,652 – £21,054 per annum pro rata
The successful candidate will be raising money for Mid and North East Essex Mind by creating new opportunities and maximising existing opportunities and building relationships with the local community based mid Essex.
Working with third party supporters, engaging community groups, schools, support groups and promoting Mid and North East Essex Mind/mental health through a wide variety of outlets. Including attendance at external events and presentations where necessary.
Creating and managing a range of in-house events and fundraising initiatives.
If you would like an informal conversation about the role please contact Steph Mills, Marketing and Fundraising Manager on 01206 764600 or email email@example.com. To apply, please complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not apply.