Mid Essex Sanctuary
The Mid Essex Sanctuary provides a safe, supportive space where people experiencing emotional distress or mental health crisis can receive support outside of normal working hours. This is a community-based alternative to crisis mental health services.
The Mid Essex Sanctuary is from 10am to 1am 365 days a year, and you can be referred by NHS 111 (option 2).
Who is it for?
- Anyone living in Mid Essex (Chelmsford, Maldon, Braintree)
- Anyone experiencing anxiety and panic attacks
- Anyone experiencing suicidal thoughts
- Self-harm that does not require medical treatment
- Anyone experiencing depression
- People who may hear voices
- People affected by post-traumatic stress disorder and associated crisis from complex trauma
- People who need support outside of normal working hours
How to refer
- Call NHS 111 (Option 2)
- Contact your GP
- You may be referred by emergency services or NHS 111 (option 2)
If your life is at risk now
We cannot support you if you are in an emergency situation. Please call 999.
How can it help?
- Talk through issues
- Identify triggers
- Work on coping mechanisms
- Support to stop a crisis happening again
- Build support networks and taking positive steps
- Help you find health and happiness