As the leading local mental health charity, Mid and North East Essex Mind understands what is needed when it comes to providing mental health training. Our goal is to provide local businesses, community groups and charitable organisations with the support they need to better support employees facing mental health challenges and how to best manage these in the workplace. Poor mental health has a significant impact on work productivity and work retention. 1 in 6 people in work will be experiencing a common mental health problem (stress, depression, anxiety) at any one time. By putting wellbeing in the workplace at the heart of what you do, you can support people to know they are not alone.
Why it’s time to invest in mental health training
Poor mental health has a significant impact on work productivity and work retention:
- 1 in 6 people in work will be experiencing a common mental health problem (stress, depression, anxiety) at any one time (1)
- In 2020/21 work-related stress, depression or anxiety accounted for 50% of all work-related ill health (2)
- 14.3 million workdays are lost due to stress, anxiety and depression (3)
- The estimated cost to UK employers of mental ill-health (through absenteeism, presenteeism and staff turnover) is £42-45 billion annually (4)
- The average return on investment for every £1 spent on mental health in the workplace is over £5 (4)
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development survey of HR leaders in the UK (2021) found that 75% of respondents believe that employee well-being is on their organisation’s agenda but they were less positive about the skills and confidence of managers to support and promote employee mental health. Poor mental health is also a significant risk factor for suicide. Rates of suicide are rising across the UK and Essex has higher than average incidence. There is a drive to ensure that all members of the community and within workplaces are trained in suicide awareness in order to support colleagues, friends and family members.
About our training
All of our training is delivered by mental health experts and tailored to your business needs. We will deliver our courses in a way that suits you, whether face-to-face or virtually, and all attendees are supported to learn in a safe environment with practical insights and reading materials. Select the individual training courses below to find out more about what’s involved.
How to book training
For more information, prices and to discuss your training requirements please call 01206 764600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 McManus et al, 2014
2 HSE, 2021
3 Health Matters, Public Health England
4 Deloitte, 2020