The Mental Health Toolkit: The Essentials
Award Winning Training
A half-day workshop providing a foundation for workplace wellbeing.
Winner of the Health & Wellbeing Award at the East Suffolk Awards 2023
The Mental Health Toolkit: The Essentials is an award-winning and interactive online workshop that provides a foundation for wellbeing in your workplace.
This half-day session takes you through the Mental Health Continuum – the spectrum of mental health that we are all on – and introduces you to the Emotional Needs & Resources approach.
Unmet emotional needs trigger symptoms of mental ill health. Understanding how to meet them helps you understand what you need to be well, and enables you to take care of yourself and those around you.
The Mental Health Toolkit: The Essentials will help you and your team to:
Undo misconceptions about mental health
Raise awareness of your emotional needs
Support yourself and those around you
Reduce the cost of sickness absence
Create a healthier place to work
The workshop also covers sleep and depression, security and trauma, how to meet your needs, and how to use your innate resources to help meet those needs.
Go beyond the signs and symptoms to learn about the most exciting and cutting-edge approach to workplace wellbeing in the UK.
There is no cost, and included is a copy of The Mental Health Toolkit: The Essentials manual, and a pack of Emotional Needs & Resources cards (pictured above).
Why it’s time to invest in mental health training
Poor mental health has a significant impact on work productivity and work retention:
- 1 in 6 people in work will be experiencing a common mental health problem (stress, depression, anxiety) at any one time
- In 2020/21 work-related stress, depression or anxiety accounted for 50% of all work-related ill health
- 14.3 million workdays are lost due to stress, anxiety and depression
- The estimated cost to UK employers of mental ill-health (through absenteeism, presenteeism and staff turnover) is £42-45 billion annually
- The average return on investment for every £1 spent on mental health in the workplace is over £5
1 McManus et al, 2014
2 HSE, 2021
3 Health Matters, Public Health England
4 Deloitte, 2020
The Mental Health Toolkit
The Essentials is a training workshop designed and owned by The Mental Health Toolkit and provided by Mid & North East Essex Mind under licence, and can only be sold within Mid & North East Essex Mind. Copyright The Mental Health Toolkit © 2024.