Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news & blog posts
- Introducing our inaugural Gala Dinner - This exciting new event will mark World Mental Health Day 2019 in style. Starting with a champagne reception we will ... Read more
- #GivingTuesday – your chance to win a signed football from Colchester United! - #GivingTuesday is the day to do good stuff for charity! Mid and North East Essex is excited to reveal that ... Read more
- Supporters in Mid Essex are asked to ‘Beat the Blues; Wear Yellow!’ - During the month of January, we are asking all schools, businesses and members of the public in the mid-Essex area ... Read more
- Warren Golf Club’s fantastic support for Mid and North East Essex Mind - Mid and North East Essex Mind have been supported throughout 2018 by The Warren Golf Club, based in Mid Essex, ... Read more
- IT company Arc Systems announce 2019 partnership with Mid and North East Essex Mind - We are delighted to announce that IT company, Arc Systems, have chosen to support Mid and North East Essex Mind ... Read more
- Join us during RED January and kick-start your 2019 in a positive way - Mid and North East Essex Mind, your local mental health charity, is delighted to be partnering up with RED January ... Read more
- Thank you to all involved in our Mindfulness Walk in Maldon! - Monday 24th September was officially #MindfulnessMonday and to celebrate, Mid and North East Essex Mind, along with other local Minds ... Read more
- Charlie Watkins twin brother, Harry, receives prestigious award - We would like to congratulate Harry Watkins on receiving a Points of Light award for his work work on championing ... Read more
- Join us for a ‘Mindfulness Walk’ in Maldon this September - Getting active is good for our bodies and helps us to feel better too. Mid and North East Essex Mind ... Read more
- Dancing School supports Mid and North East Essex Mind - In August, the Colne Bank School of Dancing held a charity raffle at their summer show at the University of ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.