Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis. We are an independent charity with Registered Charity Number 1064309 and part of a network of 130 local Mind’s affiliated with the national charity Mind.
The latest news & blog posts
- February 2021: Introducing Marvan’s ‘Men of the Month’! - The inspirational team at Marvan’s Tree Surgery and Landscaping created a special calendar with proceeds going to Mid and North… ... Read more
- Time to Change Blog: We are on a mission to end stigma, judgement and discrimination – by Liz Rotheram - My name is Liz, I am a Time to Change Champion and I am the founder of Heads2minds, which has… ... Read more
- Local Landscaping Company bares all for Mid and North East Essex Mind! - The inspirational team at Marvan’s Tree Surgery and Landscaping based in Harwich put their heads together and have created a… ... Read more
- Blog: Recovery Through Nature Projects Update - Written by Jim Sykes RtN Lead The first part of the lockdown had a varying degree of impact on our… ... Read more
- Something for everyone this Christmas! - At Mid and North East Essex Mind, like all charities, we have had a tough year when it comes to… ... Read more
- 4th November: National Stress Awareness Day - This National Stress Awareness Day, we wanted to highlight the reasons behind why we can feel stressed and what we… ... Read more
- Guest Blog: Recovery – My Mental Health Story - Anne* is a volunteer for our Futures In Mind Service, and here she details her experience with bi-polar disorder and… ... Read more
- Host your own Virtual Crafternoon! - Mid and North East Essex is delighted to introduce 'Virtual Crafternoon' and here's everything you need to know about how… ... Read more
- Good News! 100 Time to Change Champions join the East Essex Hub within 1 year - We are so pleased to have over 200 East Essex Time to Change Champions campaigning to stop the discrimination and… ... Read more
- Charity launches new Suicide Intervention Training for GP Practices - Mid and North East Essex Mind is delighted to launch specialised training aimed at GP staff to help prevent suicide… ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.