Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news & blog posts
- NCS students support new allotment project at Mid and North East Essex Mind - On 9th and 10th August, participants of the National Citizen Service (NCS) helped their local charity, Mid and North East ... Read more
- Blog: ‘Finding things to do when you feel like you’ve hit rock bottom’, by Theresa* - This week Theresa*, who is one of our Futures in Mind volunteers, has written the following blog. She manages her bipolar ... Read more
- Blog: Improving my wellbeing through ‘taking notice’ – by Katie - Throughout the month of June, we've been sharing some tips and advice on how you can reach your 6 Ways ... Read more
- Blog: Jonathan – How I look after my wellbeing through learning - This month, we've been sharing some tips and advice on what you can do to help keep mentally well. The ... Read more
- Take part in our ‘6 Ways to Wellbeing’ challenge this July! - This July, we are challenging you to do at least one thing each day to get you on your way ... Read more
- Blog: volunteering has improved my understanding of local mental health services - Hello, I'm Amy* and I’ve have been working as a volunteer receptionist for Mid and North East Essex Mind for ... Read more
- ‘Small Charity Week’ is here! - This week, Mid and North East Essex Mind are celebrating #SmallCharityWeek (taking place from 18th - 23rd June). As a small ... Read more
- #VolunteersWeek - This week from 1st to 7th June is national 'Volunteer's Week' and is an opportunity for us to celebrate volunteering ... Read more
- Brave skydivers raise over £12,000 for the charity during Mental Health Awareness Week - On Saturday 12th May, 11 brave employees from our 'Charity of the Year' corporate supporters, Knight Group and Perrywoods Garden ... Read more
- Grace’s Story - Grace* is a 28 year old Nanny from Colchester. She and her partner had been together for 10 years when ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.