Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis. We are an independent charity with Registered Charity Number 1064309 and part of a network of 130 local Mind’s affiliated with the national charity Mind.
The latest news & blog posts
- AGM & Time to Change Hub Launch postponed - *Mid & North East Essex Mind AGM & Time to Change East Essex Hub Launch Postponed* Unfortunately we need to… ... Read more
- ‘Back to School’ – support for children and young people - This week, it's back to school for most children and teenagers which can mean new challenges ahead. New classes, meeting… ... Read more
- Real life: Charlotte’s* Story - Charlotte* uses the STaR service at Mid and North East Essex Mind and here she gives her honest account of… ... Read more
- Time to Change Champions Fund for East Essex Opens - Today £10,000 has been made available to people in East Essex to hold events to end the stigma people living… ... Read more
- New service launched supporting young people with Autism - New service offering wellbeing and employment support for young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorder Mid and North East Essex Mind… ... Read more
- Blog: ‘Feel better with a book’ by our STaR worker, Ian - Hello My name is Ian Brown and I work for the STAR Team at Mid and North East Essex MIND.… ... Read more
- Guest blog: Depression Coaching and Depression Counselling: What’s the difference? - When you’re struggling with depression, there are a variety of treatment options available and it can be difficult to make… ... Read more
- Blog: My experience of volunteering for Chat with Charlie - In this month's blog, our Chat with Charlie Service volunteer, Alex*, gives an insight into what it's like to work… ... Read more
- Guest blog: My experience with BDD - Hello to all those reading this blog, It is Mental Health Awareness Week again and it is a great way… ... Read more
- #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek: Body Image - Mental Health Awareness Week 2019 will take place from Monday 13 to Sunday 19 May 2019. The theme for 2019… ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.