Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news & blog posts
- Share your story - If you have a personal story that you would like to share with us, then we would love to hear ... Read more
- Blog: Natalie gives an insight into the work of our Support, Time and Recovery service - Hello I’m Natalie from the Support, Time and Recovery team (STaR) here at Mid and North East Essex Mind. I ... Read more
- Blog: Volunteer Lucie discusses her role in the marketing & fundraising team - Hi, I'm Lucie I have been volunteering for Mid and North East Essex Mind for just over a year now, ... Read more
- Blog: Janet – My Life in Poetry. How writing poetry has helped my mental health. - Janet, My Life In Poetry Please let me introduce myself, So, Janet is my name, Yes I like writing ... Read more
- Chat with Charlie launched to mark the anniversary of the death of Charlie Watkins - Tuesday 13th March marked a year since the sad death of Charlie Watkins from Higham, Essex. Charlie was a student ... Read more
- Mid and North East Essex Mind among three local charities to benefit from £15,500 donation - Mid and North East Essex Mind were among three charities who received a share of £15,500 raised at the Co-operative ... Read more
- Volunteers receive special thanks from Colchester’s mayor - More than 100 people who give up their time to help others received a very special thanks at an exclusive ... Read more
- Changes to our services during the adverse weather - Due to the adverse weather we are experiencing across the area we have had to make changes to our opening ... Read more
- Blog: Emily speaks about her role in our Futures in Mind service - Hi I'm Emily, a Psychology student at the University of Essex, who is on a placement in our Futures in ... Read more
- We’re Hiring! Exciting new volunteering opportunities in our new online mental health support service - We are looking for a team of volunteers to work on a brand new online mental health support service for ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.