Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news & blog posts
- Thank you to all involved in our Mindfulness Walk in Maldon! - Monday 24th September was officially #MindfulnessMonday and to celebrate, Mid and North East Essex Mind, along with other local Minds ... Read more
- Charlie Watkins twin brother, Harry, receives prestigious award - We would like to congratulate Harry Watkins on receiving a Points of Light award for his work work on championing ... Read more
- Join us for a ‘Mindfulness Walk’ in Maldon this September - Getting active is good for our bodies and helps us to feel better too. Mid and North East Essex Mind ... Read more
- Dancing School supports Mid and North East Essex Mind - In August, the Colne Bank School of Dancing held a charity raffle at their summer show at the University of ... Read more
- Another fundraising success from Brightlingsea Winter Festival - Brightlingsea WinterFest, a festival which takes place in the midst of the winter months, has surpassed their previous fundraising total ... Read more
- NCS students support new allotment project at Mid and North East Essex Mind - On 9th and 10th August, participants of the National Citizen Service (NCS) helped their local charity, Mid and North East ... Read more
- Blog: ‘Finding things to do when you feel like you’ve hit rock bottom’, by Theresa* - This week Theresa*, who is one of our Futures in Mind volunteers, has written the following blog. She manages her bipolar ... Read more
- Blog: Improving my wellbeing through ‘taking notice’ – by Katie - Throughout the month of June, we've been sharing some tips and advice on how you can reach your 6 Ways ... Read more
- Blog: Jonathan – How I look after my wellbeing through learning - This month, we've been sharing some tips and advice on what you can do to help keep mentally well. The ... Read more
- Take part in our ‘6 Ways to Wellbeing’ challenge this July! - This July, we are challenging you to do at least one thing each day to get you on your way ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.