Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news & blog posts
- ‘Small Charity Week’ is here! - This week, Mid and North East Essex Mind are celebrating #SmallCharityWeek (taking place from 18th - 23rd June). As a small ... Read more
- #VolunteersWeek - This week from 1st to 7th June is national 'Volunteer's Week' and is an opportunity for us to celebrate volunteering ... Read more
- Brave skydivers raise over £12,000 for the charity during Mental Health Awareness Week - On Saturday 12th May, 11 brave employees from our 'Charity of the Year' corporate supporters, Knight Group and Perrywoods Garden ... Read more
- Grace’s Story - Grace* is a 28 year old Nanny from Colchester. She and her partner had been together for 10 years when ... Read more
- Chat with Charlie Opens Today - We are proud to announce that we will be opening our brand new online mental health support service, Chat with ... Read more
- Chat with Charlie Opens on Wednesday 16th May - We are delighted to confirm that our brand new online mental health support service, Chat with Charlie, will go live ... Read more
- Kerrie’s Story - In December 2016 Kerrie, from Colchester, was made redundant from her job in Childcare, the news was a huge shock ... Read more
- Join us for Mental Health Awareness Week 2018 - It’s Mental Health Awareness Week during 14th – 20th May this year, and as your local mental health charity we ... Read more
- Mid and North East Essex Mind secures funding from the Essex Community Foundation - We are delighted to announce we have secured funding from the Essex Community Foundation to run a pilot course of ... Read more
- Author Darren Barden launches his new book ‘Let’s Skip to the good bits’ - Twenty one years ago Darren Barden was the victim of a vicious knife attack in his own home in a ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.