Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis. We are an independent charity with Registered Charity Number 1064309 and part of a network of 130 local Mind’s affiliated with the national charity Mind.
The latest news & blog posts
- Oops! Our emails are temporarily down.- We have been experiencing difficulties with our emails this week - if you have emailed us recently and haven't had… ... Read more
- Challenge yourself and skydive for Mental Health Awareness Week!- On Saturday 18th May 2019, Mid and North East Essex Mind have organised another annual Skydive to mark Mental Health… ... Read more
- Blog: Introducing our new Futures in Mind Service Coordinators- Hi, we are Devina and Will, the new service coordinators for Futures in Mind. We are both recent psychology graduates… ... Read more
- We’re a Time to Change Hub!- Essex has been selected as one of eight areas to tackle mental health stigma locally after winning a bid to… ... Read more
- Blog: What is it like to be a Digital STaR worker?- SilverCloud is the digital side of the IAPT service and consists of a range of online CBT-based programmes created to… ... Read more
- Guest Blog: Counselling Directory discuss student loneliness- Coping with student loneliness: a self-care guide Loneliness is often associated only with the elderly, an inevitability of getting older.… ... Read more
- Gala Dinner Launch- Yesterday we were delighted to launch our Gala Dinner with Peter Shilton in support of his wife Steph who is… ... Read more
- Another fantastic year of fundraising with Perrywood Garden Centre!- Perrywood Garden Centre and Nursery chose to support Mid and North East Essex Mind for another year in 2018 as… ... Read more
- Greenfields partnership raises £5,300 for Mid and North East Essex Mind- Greenfields’ staff, residents and partners have braved the shave, raced through Ultra Marathons and faced other challenges to raise £5,325.22… ... Read more
- Introducing our inaugural Gala Dinner- This exciting new event will mark World Mental Health Day 2019 in style. Starting with a champagne reception we will… ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page.