Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis. We are an independent charity with Registered Charity Number 1064309 and part of a network of 130 local Mind’s affiliated with the national charity Mind.
The latest news & blog posts
- Poem: Kindness costs nothing, donations for free… - Everyone can change the way they think about mental health, a thought provoking poem by our East Essex Time to… ... Read more
- Be Kind to yourself this Mental Health Awareness Week - Mental Health services today launch the ‘Being Kind to Yourself’ campaign to celebrate Mental Health Awareness Week 2020. The campaign… ... Read more
- Blog: Bipolar and COVID-19 - This pandemic has been, and continues to be, experienced by each of us in different ways. In these unprecedented times,… ... Read more
- New services to offer support to NHS workers during the Coronavirus pandemic - We are delighted to be offering a new telephone support service to all NHS and Hospice staff in North East… ... Read more
- COVID-19 and Keeping Well: Tips and advice for supporting your colleagues whilst working remotely - We understand that many people are anxious about the current situation surrounding Coronavirus and how it is affecting our daily… ... Read more
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information - Mid and North East Essex Mind are taking all the appropriate recommended precautions provided by the NHS and the UK… ... Read more
- MasterMinds: take part in our new challenge! - We are excited to launch MasterMinds – our brand new fundraising challenge for 2020. The idea is simple – host your… ... Read more
- Local company to take on Ben Nevis Challenge in support of mental health - Maldon based financial planning company, TFP have taken on the 2020 Challenge, to raise £2,020 during 2020 for Mid and… ... Read more
- Today it’s ‘Time to ‘Talk’ - Time to Change is growing social movement led by Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, working to change the way we… ... Read more
- Guest blog: Keeley shares her story - "On 11th May 2019, my world came crashing down when I received a call to tell me that my best… ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.