Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We are your local mental health charity. At Mid and North East Essex Mind we believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis. We are an independent charity with Registered Charity Number 1064309 and part of a network of 130 local Mind’s affiliated with the national charity Mind.
The latest news & blog posts
- Mid and North East Essex Mind Supporters Invited to Celebrate Captain Sir Tom’s Achievements in Special Fundraising Event - Following the outpouring of heartfelt messages since the death of Captain Sir Tom Moore on 2 February, his family pledged… ... Read more
- March Appeal: Open letter by Emily - Monday 23rd March 2020 is a date that many will always remember. That day, a whole year ago now, turned… ... Read more
- March: Marvan’s Man of the Month - It’s now time to introduce Mr March as part of our ‘Man of the Month’ with Marvan’s Tree Surgery and… ... Read more
- Sam’s 4x4x48 hour Challenge in aid of Mid and North East Essex Mind - There are many ways to raise valuable funds for charity, but during a pandemic individuals are taking to extreme challenges,… ... Read more
- Supporting you through the Coronavirus Pandemic - Here at Mid and North East Essex Mind we understand the continued impact the Coronavirus pandemic is having on our… ... Read more
- February 2021: Introducing Marvan’s ‘Men of the Month’! - The inspirational team at Marvan’s Tree Surgery and Landscaping created a special calendar with proceeds going to Mid and North… ... Read more
- Time to Change Blog: We are on a mission to end stigma, judgement and discrimination – by Liz Rotheram - My name is Liz, I am a Time to Change Champion and I am the founder of Heads2minds, which has… ... Read more
- Local Landscaping Company bares all for Mid and North East Essex Mind! - The inspirational team at Marvan’s Tree Surgery and Landscaping based in Harwich put their heads together and have created a… ... Read more
- Blog: Recovery Through Nature Projects Update - Written by Jim Sykes RtN Lead The first part of the lockdown had a varying degree of impact on our… ... Read more
- Something for everyone this Christmas! - At Mid and North East Essex Mind, like all charities, we have had a tough year when it comes to… ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.