Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news
- Today is World Mental Health Day - Today is World Mental Health Day, an annual initiative from the World Federation for Mental Health, first celebrated in 1992. ... Read more
- Today is #WorldSmileDay - Today is World Smile Day and our Children and Young People Team have a very important message to share. The ... Read more
- Mindful Words, The Essex Poetry Festival - Mindful Words, and evening of Poetry and Spoken Word, will be taking place on Saturday 30th September at The Eatery, ... Read more
- October 10th – Get ready for World Mental Health Day - A day for your calendar: Tuesday 10th October 2017 is ‘World Mental Health Day.’ During August this year, we highlighted ... Read more
- ‘Hello’ by Jobie Baker is released today - Local musician Jobie Baker today releases his first solo single ‘Hello’. The single has been written in loving memory of ... Read more
- A fantastic fundraising success with Colchester Institute! - We recently celebrated a year of partnership with Colchester Institute. Staff and students at the College have worked hard over the ... Read more
- Local musician Jobie Baker supports us with his upcoming single ‘Hello’ - We are delighted to announce that local musician Jobie Baker, part of the band Reno & Rome will be supporting ... Read more
- We are nominated Charity of the Year for Sainsbury’s Layer Road - We are delighted to have been nominated as the Charity of the Year from Sainsbury's on Layer Road. Thank you ... Read more
- Local schools’ fundraiser ‘BlueFest’ a fantastic success! - On Friday 7th July, a student-run event called BlueFest took place at the Chelmsford County High School for Girls, organised ... Read more
- Local pubs needed to take part in our fundraising challenge MasterMinds! - We are encouraging all pubs in the local area take part in our brand new fundraising challenge ‘MasterMinds’ and ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news.