Welcome to Mid and North East Essex Mind
We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis.
The latest news & blog posts
- Blog: Janet – My Life in Poetry. How writing poetry has helped my mental health. - Janet, My Life In Poetry Please let me introduce myself, So, Janet is my name, Yes I like writing ... Read more
- Chat with Charlie launched to mark the anniversary of the death of Charlie Watkins - Tuesday 13th March marked a year since the sad death of Charlie Watkins from Higham, Essex. Charlie was a student ... Read more
- Mid and North East Essex Mind among three local charities to benefit from £15,500 donation - Mid and North East Essex Mind were among three charities who received a share of £15,500 raised at the Co-operative ... Read more
- Volunteers receive special thanks from Colchester’s mayor - More than 100 people who give up their time to help others received a very special thanks at an exclusive ... Read more
- Changes to our services during the adverse weather - Due to the adverse weather we are experiencing across the area we have had to make changes to our opening ... Read more
- Blog: Emily speaks about her role in our Futures in Mind service - Hi I'm Emily, a Psychology student at the University of Essex, who is on a placement in our Futures in ... Read more
- We’re Hiring! Exciting new volunteering opportunities in our new online mental health support service - We are looking for a team of volunteers to work on a brand new online mental health support service for ... Read more
- Essex Police Special Constabulary support Mid and North East Essex Mind - On Tuesday 6th February, Mid and North East Essex Mind were invited to Essex Police Special Constabulary's attestation ceremony at ... Read more
- We’re Hiring - We are currently recruiting for a experienced Counsellor specialising in Counselling for Depression to join our team. This is a ... Read more
- A year of dedicated fundraising from Hiscox boosts Mid and North East Essex Mind - Our corporate partners for 2017, Hiscox Insurance, has raised an astonishing £32,488.75 for Mid and North East Essex Mind. Hiscox staff ... Read more
What is mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
Wellbeing is about being comfortable, healthy and happy.
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act.
It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Subscribe to our enewsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news. Our newsletter comes out every two months and you can unsubscribe at any time.